
This is a punk show on a Friday.
This Friday.
Tomorrow.
About 24 hours from now.
These bands are all the rage for an easy, riff-laden lo-fi sound that has just a pinch of sass appeal. The Clorox Girls, despite what I would consider one of the worst names in the history of bands (A detergent brand name, for Godssakes) and the Red Dons, a new band formed with members of the much-praised Observers (?). No surprise here, both have the same sound.
While those vans-in-bands lure in the $5's and $1's from the masses, I would get there earlier to check out an Prefecture and Baby Steps, two relatively new bands. Prefecture is somewhat new to St. Louis, having recorded a CD demo and played around town. Baby Steps, an apparent reference to the movie "What About Bob?," starring an incorrigible Bill Murray, play Jawbreaker-esque punk rock, from what I read on the Internet.
Go.
ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE:
I have 18 minutes of an interview with St. Louis' The Humanoids. Full of quips and quotes and stories and jokes. I know I wrote in their entry (see menu on right) that the damned thing would be up in two days, but life gets in the way sometimes. Well, work mostly.
That's all for now.
listening to:
Terminal State
The Observers
Life Trap
Ceremony

1 comment:
"Clorox girls" is a red kross song
Post a Comment