Monday, April 9, 2007

Hit List


HIT LIST are a buncha guys from St. Louis that know exactly what type of hardcore they are looking to play. They have their haters and their supporters, but it can't be denied how well they do what they do. Think of by-gone bands like A Death For Every Sin and Until The End with a hip-hop vibe, but also with brief doom metal parts.

Here's an interview from Feb. '07 with Andy, who from what I can tell pretty much runs the booking/promotion end of things.

How and when did Hit List form?
Hit List formed in early 2006. Truthfully, we formed just for the sake of being the heaviest band in St. Louis.

What's the lineup? Have there been a few changes?
Really, the only thing I can say about the line up is that we are all close friends and that is one thing that makes this band worth what it is to us.

Jeremy - Vocals
Joey - Vocals
Andy - Guitar
Brian - Bass
Todd - Drums

What releases do you have out?
we did a couple of demos courtesy of james at Homeset recordings. We don't really distribute the original demo anymore, but we sell the new "winter 06'" demo at each of our shows. Oh, and apparently the new demo is gettin' passed around on Soulseek, so go steal that shit!

What is your favorite part of the hardcore scene?
The energy, the aggression, and the loyalty.

What do you hate about your corner of the local hardcore scene?
The, what seems to be, "high school drama"... and the wanna be tough guy attitude. Acting tough or like an asshole doesn't mean shit. What matters is when it comes down to it you stand up for something that you believe in, and not for the sake of looking hard.

What bands influence Hit List?
NJ Hardcore, Punishment, A Death for every Sin, and West Coast Metal/Hardcore, and def our friends in the stl scene and outside of it.

The band name is pretty rough. Who is on your Hit List?
Ha ha, haters of the mosh... I don't know.

Do you feel the "tough-guy" label makes you appear one-dimensional?
In a way yes... but I think us going a little more metal influenced opened it back up a little bit.


What cities have you played?
St. Louis, Aledo, Ill., Springfield, Ill., Jefferson City


What is Hit List's goal for the long-term? Is there one?
We want to get on a solid label, maybe land some rad sponsorships, and mainly we just want to be able to tour nationally, even internationally having a good time making good friends along the way. Hit List isn't here to get rich or become famous obviously, we just want to make some killer memories.

Will Hit List ever tour?
Mos def! we are doing a mini tour with wintch mob and hold your ground during the weekend of march 2nd. other than that, we'd like to start out doing week or maybe 2 week long tours, and eventually just going all out and doing huge nationwide tours.

Favorite city to play?
St. Louis!!!!!!!!! Nothing is better than hometown love!

Describe your best show.
One of our best shows was early on and that was futon fest up in Aledo, Ill. Other memorable shows are the last two shows we played at the Lemp. Each one of these shows were just brutal, kids and friends dancing, singing along, piling up... just overall good times
We've played around 20 shows I'm guessing

Describe your worst show and why.
Well there have been a couple. Most memorable one has to be the show we played in Jeff City, MO. We were playing with a bunch of sassy metalcore bands and everyone there hated us. Stl kids were moshing so hard in the crowd, that they tried cutting our set short. We ended up getting kicked out of the venue and asked to never return to Jeff City.

Not many bands have two vocalists.
I love having dual vocals. both Jeremy and Joey have a different sound/rhythm so it keeps it interesting and I think that is one reason why kids are getting into us.

Is Hit List a Straight-Edge band?
No, both Joey and Jeremy are edge but the rest of us drink our asses off.

Favorite bands in St. Louis?
Bands around now... A Death and a Promise, Brass Knuckle Society, xDRAMAx, The Humanoids, Sweating Bullets, past bands... Scream for Silence and the Requiem

Do you like St. Louis or would H.L. move if given the chance?

I love St. Louis, I honestly don't think I could permanently move to any other place. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say, Hit List is here to stay. Saint Louis is where we are from and we take pride in that.

No comments: