
Go ahead and give No Turning Back a listen.
I'd write something like "not for the weak," but that shit's kind of played out, don't you agree? Good hardcore from Europe that sounds like it was created in New York City sometime in the early 1990s. I saw them once this summer (2007) and it was overwhelming. For most, this is not their thing. But my favorite kind of hardcore is New York Hardcore; traditional American style hardcore. Of course, it is now coming from a band across the Atlantic.
The lyrics are blunt -- some would say pedestrian -- and it's easy to get fooled into thinking this band is full of mouthbreathers. But don't be that foolish guy, this band knows exactly what it is doing.
It takes more musical muscle and brains than one would think to write fast, heavy and catchy hardcore songs -- while still keeping a raw and angry sound. Because, fuck, I have heard so much bad shit that describes itself as "NYHC," it would make your head spin. I'm talking about music played by guys who should never, ever, touch a musical instrument. What's worse is bad vocals. How do you screw those up?
I'm out. But check out No Turning Back's "Damage Done" first. Then buy "Rise From Ashes" and "Revenge is a Right." Then pour over the rest of their catalog.... . . . . . . get low

No comments:
Post a Comment